As an in-demand expert in real estate law, Clifford Lay has a wealth of knowledge and an advanced level of experience and professionalism far beyond his years. He is consistently praised by clients and colleagues alike for his skillfulness and his seamless efficiency in closing dozens of deals a week. He has become a sought-after authority in his field to whom other real estate attorneys come with challenging cases and question.
After graduating valedictorian from Elmont Memorial High School in Elmont, NY as the News 12 Scholar Athlete, Clifford graduated from the prestigious Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. There he completed a dual degree with a BA in Biology and Psychology and a Minor in Computer Science. From there, he pursued his law degree at Hofstra University School of Law. There he was elected president of the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. He graduated with a JD with a concentration in corporate law in 2004. This was quickly followed by his admission to the bar in both NJ and NY in December 2004 and January 2005, respectively.
After graduating law school, Clifford joined Ptashnik and Associates as an associate attorney at this NYC-based medical malpractice defense firm.
Then in July 2005, Clifford joined Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP where he has been ever since and is a senior associate. For nearly a decade, Clifford has represented banks, buyers, and sellers in thousands of real estate transactions. In addition, Clifford now represents lenders in commercial real estate transactions. He has also become responsible for developing and growing bank clientele.
- Hofstra University School of Law- J.D. (Concentration in Corporate Law), May 2004
- Johns Hopkins University – B.A. in Biology and Psychology, May 1997
- Asian-Pacific American Law Students Association (President: 2002-2003)
- “News 12 Scholar-Athlete Award”; George Washington University Engineering Medal
- Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP, New York, NY Senior Associate, July 2005 – Current
- Ptashnik & Associates, Associate, September 2004 – June 2005
- Hofstra University School of Law, Admissions Ambassador, August 2003 – May 2004
- Corporation Counsel, Law Clerk, June 2003 – August 2003
- Law Offices of William Cafaro, Law Clerk, June 2002 – May 2003
- Cooper & Dunham, Paralegal, March 2001 – July 2001
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind,Wharton & Garrison, Temporary Paralegal, February 2001 – March 2001
Bar, Court Admission and Licenses
- New York State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar