Kelsey L. Schulz’s practice includes entertainment transactions, business and corporate law, and litigation.
Ms. Schulz represents producers, directors, writers, actors, filmmakers, and production companies in connection with motion picture, television, and new media projects. She prepares and negotiates various entertainment contracts and advises clients on all aspects of financing, development, production, distribution, and intellectual property matters. Further, Ms. Schulz represents several emerging musical artists for whom she prepares record label agreements, publishing agreements, licensing deals, and live performance contracts.
Ms. Schulz’s distinctive background, which includes a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration and a Certificate in Entrepreneurship and the Law from Pepperdine Law’s Palmer Center, allows her to provide a unique brand of production counsel to her clients not limited to television, movie, and music deal making. She regularly handles general corporate matters including forming, maintaining and dissolving corporations and limited liability companies, preparing and drafting personnel agreements, and handling securities transactions. Applying her business, marketing, and entrepreneurial acumen, she dedicates herself to becoming an integral team member in her clients’ businesses and careers.
Ms. Schulz also represents clients in various areas of litigation including trademark and copyright infringement, breach of contract, labor and employment, wills and trusts, and business torts.
- Pepperdine University School of Law – Cum Laude, J.D., 2014
- Pepperdine University Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship and the Law – Certification, 2014
- Elon University – Magna Cum Laude, B.S.B.A. in Marketing, 2011
- Los Angeles Copyright Society Paul Miller Scholarship Award
- Starz Entertainment Legal & Business Affairs
- NBC Universal, Inc. Music Business Affairs
Bar, Court Admission and Licenses
- California State Bar
- United States District Court – Central District of California
Membership and Affiliations
- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Member